July 27, 2022
. . .
Creative patient engagement doesn’t have to take a lot of work.
Therapeutic & mindfulness videos
to reduce patient anxiety & help them relax
- Breathing exercises & guided meditations
- Ambient sounds & imagery
- Bed yoga, tai chi & gentle stretching
- Spiritual readings & prayers
to foster a meaningful patient experience
- Welcome messages from your hospital president, CMO or CNO
- Care team photos & bios, plus hospital staff spotlights
- Live broadcasts of on-site or community events
music performances, chapel services, holiday celebrations
- Promotions of hospital amenities & services
Cafeteria hours, in-room meal ordering, valet & transportation services, gift shops
to give patients control & autonomy
- Smart room controls
temperature, lights, window coverings, voice
- On-demand content
movies, streaming, music, games
- Real-time feedback & surveys
care interactions, dietary services, personal needs
- Requests for comfort care & alternative therapies
aromatherapy, eye mask, ice, blankets, Reiki, spiritual services
Reassurance & education
to give patients confidence & improve post-discharge outcomes
- QR codes that easily direct patients to your portal, personnel & care planning services
- Informative images about safety protocols & public health initiatives
- Auto-assigned video education specific to the patient
procedures, falls prevention, pressure ulcers, at-home care
- A checklist or dedicated channel for discharge information
meds-to-beds, education, assistive & community resources, follow-up care
Creative patient engagement is more than an amenity
Harness the flexibility of your interactive TV platform to bring your creative patient engagement strategies to life with some simple assets and easy-to-use features.
. . .
Editor’s note: This article was originally published in August 2020. It has been updated for comprehensiveness and freshness.