April 3, 2021
. . .
Creative patient engagement doesn’t have to take a lot of work.
These creative uses of the interactive patient engagement platform have been quick to implement with little to no cost, and without interrupting clinical workflows.
Here are 16 examples of how to creatively engage patients using the in-room TV.
Offering positive distraction
Beyond entertainment, streaming & relaxation content
- On-demand videos of pet therapy dogs
- Livestream events & religious services
- Around-the-clock feed of an aquarium or zoo cam
- Videos of gentle yoga stretches to do from the bed
- Trivia or motivational quotes looping on a dedicated channel
Beyond care plans, prescribed education & discharge instructions
- Welcome videos from your hospital president or chief medical officer
- Informative images about safety precautions & hospital amenities
- QR codes to easily direct patients to portals, medication information & more
Engaging pediatric patients
Beyond games, movies & music
- Colorful menus & fun display images
- Breathing exercises featuring cartoon animals
- Book read-alongs, narrated by hospital friends & supporters
- Videos of clinicians doing magic tricks
Harness the flexibility of your interactive TV platform to bring your creative patient engagement strategies to life with some simple assets and easy-to-use features.
Beyond care planning, education and entertainment, your interactive platform can be a powerfully effective tool to bring patients much-needed comfort.
. . .
Editor’s note: This article was originally published in August 2020 with COVID-19 specific use cases. It has been updated for comprehensiveness and freshness.